Sunday, July 12, 2015

Apartment Style Prepping

I suppose as this is my first blog post I should introduce myself. I am a single mother, with a 13 year old daughter. I was raised by parents who grew up, or were born during the great depression. Prepping has always been part of my life.

I currently am a biology major. We home school for several reasons. One, I was tired of my daughter being bullied because we are atheists, and because the public school system was failing her.

I don't believe that the world will end in a firey crash of Yellowstone ash, or that God will destroy those who don't believe in him. I do however, believe that one should never underestimate our government.

I belong to a society that recreates the middle ages. We are students of history. It has repeated many times that governments are over thrown and those citizens left helpless. Therefore, in my small apartment I prep. I can, I preserve meats, and stockpile books.


I doubt that this will ever be anything more than that. I do some quirky things and hope to chronicle this more for my own use than anyone else. However if someone can gain some info from this, I am glad.

A bit more, We have two dogs. Some cats. All of this is part of what I prep for.

I just expect that some day we may have to fend for ourselves, and I want to be prepared for that. That includes couponing to keep a well stocked pantry. As well as making, or at least knowing how to make most of our clothing.

This blog will feature things like medieval recipes that we can use today to store our food, specifically on keeping food for long periods of time. Of course this will mean adapting it to be done in my apartment. I can smoke food, I can can...while canning is not what we consider "period" they had a wide variety of ways to store food for winter.

I will showcase this as I go along.


No comments:

Post a Comment