Thursday, March 17, 2016

Spinning wool

Good day,

On this St Patricks day, I find myself thinking about my roots. I am an avid spinner, I recreate history through the SCA, and because of that, I weave my own fibers and sew my own clothes as often as I get the chance. I admit that a full outfit from sheep to shawl hasn't happened yet. It is however on the docket for this year. I was recently given a Baynes Spinning wheel, that has a jumbo flyer as well as a lace weight flyer and a "normal" flyer. I cannot describe how wonderful this wheel is to spin on. It spins like butter.

I spun this wool on a Louet, before I was given the Baynes. I admit I feel a bit guilty in preferring this Baynes over the fancy Louet, but I can't help it. It's just a delicious wheel to spin on.

To me, it's vital to be ale to make our own fibers. If something were to happen, this is an important tool. Not to mention it's a link to our past. Something that is often forgotten, and shouldn't be.


No comments:

Post a Comment