Friday, July 24, 2015

Blue Berry Pie!

So I've said before that blueberries are my favorite berry. Hands down. When we lived in England we weren't that far away from a pyo bluberry patch. We would go and feast, and pick 8-10lbs a day or so, go home and I'd can. Sometimes I felt like the only person in England canning, since everyone looked at me so very oddly. It was worth it however.

This year, King Soopers and Safeway both have had blueberries cheap, so I've stocked up.
I didn't take pictures of me canning the blueberries, but one jar sadly didn't seal. Darn.

I guess that means I had to use it.

I took ready made pie crust from safeway, rolled it out and used little tart cutters to make the crusts, slapped those in silicon muffin tins and put them in regular muffin pans.

Silly me I didn't take photos of THAT. But here is the results.

Here they are fresh out of the oven. I wish the photo captured how lovely and bubbly they were.

 Here they are out of the muffin tin. See the crust around the outside? It means we each have individual pies! I'm so excited with how it came out!

I firmly believe you should can what you eat, and use what you can. I believe in prepping what you eat as well. This is part of it. Isn't it delightful when a plan comes together?

No comments:

Post a Comment